How to Add a Facebook Like Button to Your Website
Social networking is all the craze these days and if you can generate a decent amount of buzz on Facebook and/or Twiiter about your brand, chances are it could pay off big time. To help with this, Facebook has made it easy for anyone to add a "Like" button to their website. Here's the simple steps:
- Go to: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like
- Scroll down past the first 2 paragraphs and fill in your website's URL (website address) - be sure to include http://.
- Choose the Layout Style. The sample button to the right will automatically update to show you a preview of your Like button.
- Choose whether or not to show faces (profile pictures of people who have "liked" your site) below your button.
- Choose the Width, Verb to Display, Font and Color Scheme.
- Click Get Code.
- A window will pop up giving you a choice of 2 code options - go with the iFrame code. Copy the iFrame code.
- Give the code to your webmaster or log in to your content management system for your website and paste the code in as html to the desired template or page.